Monday, February 21, 2011

The Making of B. Priest "Too Fast" Music Video

Bryant Hamilton, AKA B. Priest, has been a close friend of mine for some time now. He contacted me about one of his new singles, "Too Fast," a couple of months ago and he wanted to know what I thought about making a video for it.  I didn't realize at the time that I was going to eventually be enamored with the project. I was captivated by the coldness of the song the moment I heard it. Usually, when you hear the word cold, you would think unemotional, lacking warmth or depth, but I was moved. The way that the song is able to breathe is calculating, and I was immediately motivated to be a visual solution to this project. In anticipation of the release of the video this Wednesday, I wanted to put up some photos from the day of the shoot... 


    This was at the start of the shoot...
                                                     


                                                     One Of the first Scenes you will see...


 
I had to cut this scene, it just didn't match with the rest of the video...


James, and Trey... 


The Dancers just arrived ...


Bryant "B. Priest" and James, It was funny to watch Bryant perform to the camera, because I knew he was freezing... 


I really liked the contrast of the wall and Bryant, but this scene didn't make either... 

I did not enjoy being out there on that fire escape... 


Still not enjoying it...



Trying out some different shots...



Myself and the Producer James Sims...


Going over the scene order on the computer...


That is a lot of cables....


Getting the monitor ready...


Going over some logistics...



All right, let's get started...


Bryant Hamilton "B. Priest."


 Getting the lights ready before it gets dark with Yo...



I really had a great time doing this, and I am so thankful for all the people that helped make this happen...


Robert Walker, my older brother came out to support...

 This picture was taken during the break, with the Canon 5D Mark ll 1.4 50mm lens...


Getting ready for the dancers to start their walking scene... 


Going over what we are looking for...


Had to walk up six flights of stairs all day... 


The location was great for the look that we were going for... 

I got up at the loft at 7am and stayed until 1am I should of not have been in Chuck Taylors...


Josh getting ready for the dance scene... 


This was really one of the best shots of the video... 


View from the loft window... 


But I pray to God that I am not moving to fast...
You will understand when you watch the video....


The generator that we rented was a great help... 


I was smiling but I was tired... 


Beautiful Image... 


The quality of the Canon 5D is truly amazing... 



In between shots... 

My beautiful girlfriend who was the DP for the behind the scenes...




Too Fast music video debut 2.23.11



Hope you enjoy the video...
                                    

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what's next!! Also, I can't wait to read/hear everyone's response to your incredible video!!

    ReplyDelete